Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What You Should Have Heard #63


My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]


Paramore Mix CD

  1. All We Know – All We Know is Falling
  2. Pressure – All We Know is Falling
  3. Emergency – All We Know is Falling
  4. Here We Go Again – All We Know is Falling
  5. Whoa – All We Know is Falling
  6. Careful – Brand New Eyes
  7. Ignorance – Brand New Eyes
  8. Brick by Boring Brick – Brand New Eyes
  9. The Only Exception – Brand New Eyes
  10. Where the Lines Overlap – Brand New Eyes
  11. For a Pessimist I’m Pretty Optimistic – Riot
  12. That’s What You Get – Riot
  13. Hallelujah – Riot
  14. Misery Business – Riot
  15. When It Rains – Riot
  16. Let the Flames Begin – Riot
  17. Miracle – Riot
  18. Crushcrushcrush – Riot
  19. Fences – Riot
  20. Born for This – Riot
  21. Decoy (Hot Topic Bonus Track) – Riot
  22. Stuck on You – The Summer Tic EP

A few notes on Paramore:
  • First cut of this disc clocked in just less than 87 minutes with 24 songs. I knew I liked ‘em, just didn’t realize it was that much. I got rid of a couple of tracks from Brand New Eyes because it was the disc I was least familiar with (read: don’t know the songs well enough to sing along with).
  • A good friend took me to see these guys (and gal) in 2010, and they put on a great show. I probably wouldn’t see them again because I felt HORRIBLY out of place, but it was still fun.
  • This mix CD is somewhat of an oddity (for some reason I originally wanted to type odyssey) because it’s a full disc by a female-fronted group. Only The Cardigans and Fiona Apple came before them, and my “chicks” mix CD is full of groups that didn’t quite make it, like Garbage, Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, Evanescence, etc.
  • I love their cover of Failure’s “Stuck on You.” It’s one of my favorite Ken Andrews songs.


No comments: