Friday, December 16, 2011

Unexplained Vomiting Video Constitutional


I loved the first Men in Black movie, but I barely remember the second. This third installment looks pretty darn good, especially with Josh Brolin as a young K. I think I might need to rewatch the second one, just to see if Johnny Knoxville is the reason I blocked the movie.



Battleship is kind of confusing to me. I dislike the concept of a major action movie being made about this rinky-dink game. The result, at least after viewing this preview, looks like a Transformer rip-off, and this is only reinforced by the studio using their past success with the toy franchise to promote the movie. But I like big, summer, popcorn action flicks. A movie doesn't necessarily need a strong story to be enjoyable...just ask Live Free or Die Hard. Plus, we've got Peter Berg as director, and he's bringing along two of his Friday Night Lights actors, as well as Liam Neeson. Oh, decisions decisions.



Five dollars to legally download Louis C.K.'s latest stand-up special? To keep and view whenever you want? Why WOULDN'T you do it? Here are outtakes from the special.





I don't get these Taiwanese animated recreations, but this one involves Louis and his AMA on Reddit, so of course I'm going to post it on here.



And here's a feature on him from Nightline.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Since the announcement of Community's hiatus, Joel McHale has brought his co-stars onto his other show, The Soup, to promote a show that might not be returning and to passive-agressively attack NBC with snark. Here's the latest attempt.



I saw this a couple of weeks ago but didn't want to watch it. It's not because I love Kristen Stewart and dislike the dissing of her acting range, because I thoroughly dislike her and the Twilight franchise. I was just burned out on the whole anti-Twilight stuff. Then a buddy (thanks, Josh!) sent it to me, so I watched it, and I laughed. So now YOU can laugh as Kristen Stewart explains Christmas.



Looks like I've missed some Epic Meal Time videos. Can't say that it bothers me all that much. I'm just about burned out on it. I'm not impressed when they just throw a bunch of shit together and eat it. I like when they get creative, like with the candy sushi. That looked awesome.









I don't watch Saturday Night Live anymore. The really funny parts always end up online, so I don't waste DVR space on it. I've almost always enjoyed the digital shorts, though, when they're done by the Lonely Island guys (and I assume any short that includes Andy Samburg is by them). This past week's episode (with host Katy Perry, who is my girlfriend. Russel Brand is just a smokescreen) had a funny one, and Matt Damon and Val Kilmer are great in it.



And Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader absolutely killed it on Weekend Update.





Game of Thrones comes back in April, and I've finally got an HBO subscription. With a 60-inch TV in my bedroom, it's like I'm in a movie theater while watching TV, and I can't wait for the epicness of Game of Thrones on this screen.



This video of a dog with congenital megaesophagus using a custom-made chair to eat is somewhat mindblowing. She's been trained to know that she needs the chair to eat properly, and she knows how to get in it and close herself into it. Wow. Just wow.



I can't tell if I actually like the two songs from Jay-Z and Kanye West's "No Church in the Wild" album I've heard, or if they're only awesome because of the videos (Otis has Aziz Ansari in it, and the video I saw of No Church in the Wild is made up of Game of Thrones clips). I think I'll see if the album is on Spotify so I can listen to the whole thing.


No Church in the Wild - Game of Thrones from mixmastermind on Vimeo.


I don't really understand why this video is so funny. This is how I fight. Am I fighting wrong?



You like Fox's New Girl, right? Sure you do. One of the reasons you like it is because of Schmidt's douche-tasticness. It's not a question, it's a fact. So this just popped up, and it's a dating video that Schmidt put together, and it's SOOOO Schmidty.



So the new G.I. Joe movie looks...watchable? It looks like all the people that nobody liked in the first movie were killed off (I WILL miss Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols) and replaced with The Rock, Adrianne Palicki and Bruce Willis, and the team is on the run from their own government. Okay, I can get behind that. I honestly don't care if it's a superficial, popcorn movie as long as it's fun. These movies need to be fun. My fingers are crossed.



I'm pretty sure I've posted some videos before by Jon Lajoie, the guy who plays Taco on The League. I've never seen this one, so I thought I'd pass it on. I can't connect with the theme, though.



I was horribly disappointed with the season finale of Sons of Anarchy, so I'm looking forward to some Justified to cleanse my FX palate...then kick the palate's ass with awesomeness.



The story doesn't look all that great, and Nick Cage's Johnny Blaze looked extremely average, but the effects for the new Ghost Rider movie look incredible. I'd rent it (doesn't look theater worthy to me) just for those.



Also, in case you've forgotten: When I can remember to add this to the bottom of my posts, I’m going to whore myself out with an impassioned plea: click on the ads. PLEASE click on the ads. I don’t care if you exit out of it immediately or actually look around. This isn’t some professional blog where I believe in the products I’m shilling. These are automatic ads placed by Google. But when you click ads, I get a little bit of money, and as a single father of three, every penny from every source helps...especially with Christmas looming on the horizon. So I’m going to keep this tiny bit of begging at the bottom of my posts, and I hope you’ll take an extra 10 seconds after reading my blog to click on an ad. The only thing it costs you is time. :) Thanks so much!

No comments: