Monday, July 18, 2011

What You Should Have Eaten #31

Super Mashers with Chicken and Green Chili Hash

Tonight’s drink is a French 75. It has Pernod in it, and I’m hoping all of the other ingredients drown that one out. I don’t have any readily available champagne flutes, so I’m going to be using a white wine glass. Any objections?

 

It’s tasty. And yes, the dash of Pernod isn’t noticeable.


I don’t know if this is commonplace or not, but when I chop fruits and veggies and herbs and such, I don’t wipe off the cutting board. I like the flavors to intermingle.

 

There’s not much to say about these recipes that are just slight changes from earlier recipes. This is what I fixed last weekend, except chicken is substituted for steak (among one or two other slight changes).

 

I kinda think I liked this recipe better. I liked how the slight spiciness of the chicken and peppers balanced out the blandness of the potatoes.

 

No comments: