My Mix CDs
I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.
Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.
I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.
My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.
Here’s the list guide:
Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]
Nickelback Mix CD
- Photograph – All the Right Reasons
- Animals – All the Right Reasons
- Savin’ Me – All the Right Reasons
- Far Away – All the Right Reasons
- Rockstar – All the Right Reasons
- Something in Your Mouth – Dark Horse
- Burn It to the Ground – Dark Horse
- Next Go Round – Dark Horse
- Never Again – Silver Side Up
- How You Remind Me – Silver Side Up
- Woke Up This Morning – Silver Side Up
- Hangnail – Silver Side Up
- Flat on the Floor – The Long Road
- Feelin’ Way Too Damn Good – The Long Road
- Figured You Out – The Long Road
- Another Hole in the Head – The Long Road
- Saturday Night’s Alright – The Long Road
- Breathe – The State
- Cowboy Hat – The State
- Leader of Men – The State
- Old Enough – The State
A few notes on Nickelback:
- I might catch some shit for this one, but I’m okay with that. It’s a generic rock band playing generic and unchallenging rock music, but again, I’m okay with that. The songs are catchy, fun and full of energy. So, no apologies for making a Nickelback CD.
- When looking for a video to embed, I noticed that lead singer Chad Kroeger looks like an unshaved and wavy-haired Dax Shepard. I used to dislike him, but his acting on Parenthood changed my mind.