My Mix CDs
I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.
Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.
I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.
My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.
Here’s the list guide:
Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]
My Chemical Romance Mix CD
- The End – The Black Parade
- Dead – The Black Parade
- This Is How I Disappear – The Black Parade
- The Sharpest Lives – The Black Parade
- Welcome to the Black Parade – The Black Parade
- I Don’t Love You – The Black Parade
- House of Wolves – The Black Parade
- Cancer – The Black Parade
- Mama – The Black Parade
- Sleep – The Black Parade
- Teenagers – The Black Parade
- Disenchanted – The Black Parade
- Famous Last Words – The Black Parade
- Blood – The Black Parade
- Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) – Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
- Bulletproof Heart – Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
- Planetary (GO!) – Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
- Party Poison – Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
- Vampire Money – Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
- Helena – Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
- To the End – Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
- I’m Not Okay (I Promise) – Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
A few notes on My Chemical Romance:
- I had to cut some good songs from this compilation. I didn’t have enough for two discs, but I had too many for one. I kept the entire album The Black Parade. I love it. When I finish with these mix CDs and do a top 10 CD list, that one’ll be on there. I love the whole damn thing. It’s wonderfully written, performed and produced. But it ended up taking most of the space from this mix, so I had to cut a few songs from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge and Danger Days. Their stuff from before Three Cheers was a little too raw for me, and while Three Cheers had some gems on it, they didn’t blow me away until The Black Parade.
- I’m going to include a couple videos. First, “I’m Not Okay (I Promise),” the song that got me into these guys. Love the video. Second, “Na Na Na,” only because it features comic book scribe Grant Morrison.