Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What You Should Have Heard #53

My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]


Metallica Mix CD

  1. One – And Justice for All
  2. Turn the Page – Garage Inc.
  3. Whiskey in the Jar – Garage Inc.
  4. Ain’t My Bitch – Load
  5. Until It Sleeps – Load
  6. Hero of the Day – Load
  7. Welcome Home Sanitarium – Master of Puppets
  8. Enter Sandman – Metallica
  9. Sad but True – Metallica
  10. The Unforgiven – Metallica
  11. Wherever I May Roam – Metallica
  12. Fuel – Reload
  13. No Leaf Clover – S&M

A few notes on Metallica:
  • My first cut juuuuuuust went over the 80 minute mark, so that means I’ve got to cut one of the 14 songs that I originally wanted. Wow. Only 14 songs on the first cut. I went through my Me First and the Gimme Gimmes first cut and that clocked in at 21 songs and didn’t even make it to my 60 minute minimum.
  • I ended up getting rid of “Master of Puppets” from the album of the same name. I’m not as much of a fan of the earlier, headbanginger Metallica, so getting rid of this one won’t make me feel bad.
  • While I was in high school, I worked at Kroger with a guy who was (probably still is) the biggest Metallica fan I’ve ever met. He was a drummer, and his prized possession was a beer can that drummer Lars had spit into. Hardcore fan, man, hardcore fan.


No comments: