Thursday, December 23, 2010

What You Should Have Heard #42

My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]

I’m going to be in a pretty serious crunch at work through the holidays, so my posts may be more infrequent and contain less content. Of course, seeing as nobody comments on this stuff, I’m probably just doing nothing but blog flogging (also, if that’s not a term yet, I call dibs!).

Harry Connick, Jr. Mix CD

  1. You Didn’t Know Me When – Blue Light Red Light
  2. If I Could Give You More – Blue Light Red Light
  3. Just Kiss Me – Blue Light Red Light
  4. Come By Me – Come By Me
  5. Charade – Come By Me
  6. Time After Time – Come By Me
  7. Here Comes the Big Parade – She
  8. To Love the Language – She
  9. Hear Me in the Harmony – Star Turtle
  10. Mind on the Matter – Star Turtle
  11. We Are in Love – We Are in Love
  12. Recipe for Love – We Are in Love
  13. Forever, For Now – We Are in Love
  14. Heavenly – We Are in Love
  15. I’ve Got a Great Idea – We Are in Love
  16. It’s All Right with Me – We Are in Love
  17. It Had to Be You – When Harry Met Sally
  18. I Could Write a Book – When Harry Met Sally

A few notes on Harry:
  • She was one of the first CDs I bought/received after getting my first CD player.
  • I could have filled at least one more CD, but I wanted to stick with more up-tempo songs.
  • I’ve seen him live twice, and this man puts on one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.


Huey Lewis and the News Mix CD

  1. Whole Lotta Lovin’ – Fore
  2. Hip to Be Square – Fore
  3. The Power of Love – Fore
  4. Naturally – Fore
  5. (She’s) Some Kind of Wonderful – Four Chords and Several Years Ago
  6. Little Bitty Pretty One – Four Chords and Several Years Ago
  7. Couple Days Off – Hard at Play
  8. Time Ain’t Money – Hard at Play
  9. Some of My Lies Are True (Sooner or Later) – Huey Lewis and the News
  10. Workin’ for a Livin’ – Picture This
  11. Do You Believe in Love – Picture This
  12. Old Antone’s – Small World
  13. Perfect World – Small World
  14. Bobo Tempo – Small World
  15. The Heart of Rock and Roll – Sports
  16. Walking on a Thin Line – Sports
  17. If This is It – Sports
  18. You Crack Me Up - Sports

A few notes on Huey:
  • This is the music I grew up with. HL&tN and Michael Jackson were probably the first two influential sounds I listened to after giving up the kiddy music.
  • I remember thinking the beginning of Back to the Future was so hilarious with Lewis’s cameo.
  • Looks like there’s a new album out.


Incubus Mix CD

  1. Megalomaniac – A Crow Left of the Murder
  2. Leech – A Crow Left of the Murder
  3. Version – Enjoy Incubus
  4. Dig – Light Grenades
  5. Anna Molly – Light Grenades
  6. Light Grenades – Light Grenades
  7. Oil and Water – Light Grenades
  8. Rogues – Light Grenades
  9. Privilege – Make Yourself
  10. Nowhere Fast – Make Yourself
  11. When It Comes – Make Yourself
  12. Stellar – Make Yourself
  13. Make Yourself – Make Yourself
  14. I Miss You – Make Yourself
  15. Pardon Me – Make Yourself
  16. Nice to Know You – Morning View
  17. Warning – Morning View
  18. Favorite Things – S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
  19. Nebula – S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
  20. Familiar – Spawn: The Original Soundtrack
  21. Make a Move – Stealth: The Original Soundtrack

A note on Incubus:
  • I’ve seen Incubus live once. Good show.

No comments: