Thursday, December 9, 2010

What You Should Have Heard #41


My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]

Guns n’ Roses Mix CDs

  1. Welcome to the Jungle – Appetite for Destruction
  2. Mr. Brownstone – Appetite for Destruction
  3. Anything Goes – Appetite for Destruction
  4. Better – Chinese Democracy
  5. Riad ‘n the Bedouins – Chinese Democracy
  6. Right Next Door to Hell – Use Your Illusion I
  7. Perfect Crime – Use Your Illusion I
  8. Bad Obsession – Use Your Illusion I
  9. Garden of Eden – Use Your Illusion I
  10. Don’t Damn Me – Use Your Illusion I
  11. Coma – Use Your Illusion I
  12. Get in the Ring – Use Your Illusion II
  13. Shotgun Blues – Use Your Illusion II
  14. Pretty Tied Up (The Perils of Rock and Roll Decadence) – Use Your Illusion II
  15. Locomotive – Use Your Illusion II
  16. You Could Be Mine – Use Your Illusion II
  17. My World – Use Your Illusion II

I’m going to be in a pretty serious crunch at work through the holidays, so my posts may be more infrequent and contain less content. Of course, seeing as nobody comments on this stuff, I’m probably just doing nothing but blog flogging (also, if that’s not a term yet, I call dibs!).

A few notes on Guns n’ Roses
  • Use Your Illusion II was the first cassette (!!) I ever bought with an explicit lyrics warning sticker on it. I bought it in Washington D.C. while on a school trip during spring break in 8th grade.
  • Use Your Illusion I and II are almost perfect albums. While I didn’t include all the songs here (too many, too long), I can cycle through both albums without skipping anything.
  • I liked Chinese Democracy for the most part. It wasn’t worth the extreme delay, but it was still pretty good.

No comments: