My Mix CDs
I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.
Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.
I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.
My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.
Here’s the list guide:
Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]
Eagles of Death Metal Mix CD
- I Want You So Hard (Boy’s Bad News) – Death by Sexy
- I Gotta Feeling (Just Nineteen) – Death by Sexy
- Cherry Cola – Death by Sexy
- Don’t Speak (I Came to Make a Bang) – Death by Sexy
- Secret Plans – Heart On
- Heart On – Heart On
- I’m Your Torpedo – Heart On
- I Only Want You – Peace, Love, Metal
- Speaking in Tongues – Peace, Love, Metal
- So Easy – Peace, Love, Metal
- Flames Go Higher – Peace, Love, Metal
- Bad Dream Mama – Peace, Love, Metal
- English Girl – Peace, Love, Metal
- Stacks O Money – Peace, Love, Metal
- Midnight Creeper – Peace, Love, Metal
- Stuck in the Metal – Peace, Love, Metal
- Already Dead – Peace, Love, Metal
- Kiss the Devil – Peace, Love, Metal
- Whorehoppin’ – Peace, Love, Metal
- San Berdoo Sunburn – Peace, Love, Metal
- Wastin’ My Time – Peace, Love, Metal
- Miss Alissa – Peace, Love, Metal
The Eagles of Death Metal, especially their CD Peace, Love, Metal, is nothing if not a fun group. With a great combination of rockabilly, metal and a distinct vocal sound, your attention is grabbed with one listen, doesn’t really matter the song. And once you actually listen to the songs, you’re hooked.
When music is as fun as this, it’s difficult to really talk about anything else. I love listening to these guys in my car, singing along LOUDLY while nodding my head and looking like a fool. I don’t care. The fun of the music is infectious.
Here’s the video for “I Only Want You.” It’s the song that got me into the group.