Monday, February 2, 2009

Bell's Two-Hearted Ale

From the website:
"India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma."
Let's put those first impressions out there. This beer has a nice, thick head that clings to the glass. There is a strong aroma of very fragrant hops, and it's got a very nice, golden color.

A full flavor up front leads into a strong alcohol taste on the back end.

This is by far the best IPA I've ever had, and it's sad that I can't yet get it in Tennessee. If I ever want some Bell's, I've got to get it when I visit my parents just outside of Lousiville, KY. A check of their website reveals that they've got a huge selection to choose from, so I guess I've got a great excuse to visit more often.

----------------
Listening to: Motion City Soundtrack - Point of Extinction
via FoxyTunes

No comments: