Monday, February 2, 2009

Michelob Dunkel Weisse Dark Wheat Ale

From the label:
"All malt, unfiltered dark wheat ale featuring our unique yeast strain and malted wheat."
As a word of warning, I'm going into this as an anti-wheat beer person. I believe that the only one I've found that I like so far is Boulevard's offering.

First off, Michelob's Dunkel Weisse does not distinguish itself from any other wheat beer with its aroma. It smells like any other. It's also got a murky brown color, which I'm assuming is from not being filtered.

The brew has a weak initial taste. It then threatens to have a pretty decent wheat taste, but it quickly dissipates and we're quickly left with little to no aftertaste.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. As a craft beer, I'm ultimately disappointed in Michelob's line. As a money-saver in these trying financial times, though, it's better than settling for a weak, mass-produced domestic.

----------------
Listening to: Motion City Soundtrack - Fell In Love Without You
via FoxyTunes

No comments: