Saturday, January 10, 2009

TV Reviews for the Week of Dec. 14, 2008 Pt. 1

“What are you looking at? You’ve never seen a hypocrite before?”

The Superman discussion at the beginning was awesome and actually raised some good points. But they saved the best for last this episode. Starting with the kiss Penny gave Leonard (which was a very sweet moment), it was hilarious (sorry Louis C.K., it was). All of the gifts were perfect, and Sheldon’s reaction to his was priceless.

Wow. Carl Winslow, who was already big to begin with, has put on some weight. And seriously, has he ever played anything besides a cop? Die Hard, Family Matters, now this? I thought this was going to be a really nice, non-Intersect episode, but no, it went that way. All the relationship stuff was touching, though. I feel for Morgan. The little guy is just confused. I’m confused as to why Sarah is lying to Chuck about killing the Fulcrum agent. She did it to protect him and the Intersect, end of story.

“You’re like Weird Al Yankovick if he only wrote songs about banging my sister.”

So do we have a hot new cast member? I hope so, at least for the hotness. It might end up getting a little crowded, though. And they brought back Robin’s song! Yay!!!

Okay, before killing Meredith or myself, were I Noah I’d have Meredith start working her mojo on the glass. It may be bulletproof, but she’s gotta register some serious heat. That doesn’t work, take her out before you’re baked. Yay! He listened to me! Sort of. Hold up…that’s the end of the season? That seems…odd. So what do we have. Hiro has no abilities, but Ando does. We’ve got one new hero, two if you count Tracy as a new character (which technically she is, so let’s just say two). All of the non-central characters are dead, and they even took Sylar with them. So all in all, it’s business as usual, except next season they’ll be on the run. Kind of like Prison Break with powers, I guess. I’ve got to say, this season (I hate calling half a season a season. It doesn’t seem right) left me a bit cold. It started out with so much promise, then sort of petered out (hah!). It became too circular. Let’s hope they do a bit better next year.

Well now, that’s a pretty big callback. I never thought we’d see Charles (or D.B. Cooper) again, what with him being dead and all. I a bit disappointed that Sucre left, and I hope he’ll eventually find his way back. But I do understand why he left. I think it’ll a fun time watching Linc order around Self, T-Bag and Gretchen. And as for the big reveal next week, I do believe I called that one last week.

No comments: