Friday, September 14, 2012

My Son is Selling Trail's End Popcorn

I'm doing a bit of an experiment here.

My oldest son is in Cub Scouts. Here's a picture of the two of us at Cub Resident Camp this past summer at Cub World, a section of Boxwell Reservation.




The new school year has started, so regular pack and weekly den meetings have started, and that means it's time to sell popcorn.

When I was in Cub Scouts, I went door-to-door peddling my wares. That was 25 years ago, though, and I'd wager to say I'm a bit more paranoid about my son walking around the neighborhood than my parents were about me doing it. So I'm beginning this sale electronically. I've posted a humorous plea on Facebook with a link to Trail's End online ordering. I did the same thing in a mass email at work. I even used Trail's End little email bot to tweet out a standard little notification. Now I'm blogging about it.

I WILL be taking Parker around the neighborhood to do a bit of peddling, because I believe if he wants the rewards, he has to work for them. There's only so much he can do right now, though. That's why I'm helping him like this....because I can.

Click here to be taken to the online ordering site. Any and everything you order will be attributed as a sale by my son. He thanks you, as do I.

There's not a lot to be overwhelmed with. You've got your standard popcorn with a couple of sweeter options. Personally, I'm going to order the Cheese Lover's Collection. It just sounds delicious. Not only will my son be credited for the sale, but 70% of each sale will go back my son's Pack. We're saving up for a trailer to use to haul stuff to-and-from events and camping trips.

If you're not a popcorn lover but still want to help out, you can make a donation and popcorn will be sent to our troops, their families, and various veterans organizations.

I'm also going to put my money where my mouth is. I will match 10% of total purchases (up to $150...I'm a single father of three, so this is a big thing for me) when all is said and done, and that match will all go to popcorn donations for our troops.

No comments: