Sunday, June 10, 2012

What You Should Have Heard #96


The Gaslight Anthem


I’m trying to catch up on past posts today, so the few I do are going to be quick and to the point.

I don’t know how I became aware of Gaslight Anthem. Maybe Uproxx? I don’t know. I don’t even know what the song was, but I liked what I heard, so I went right over to Spotify and added their discography to a new playlist so I could listen to them at my leisure.

The first album I listened to, and the one I keep listening to, is The ’59 Sound. I think an accurate description of this album in particular but their entire sound as a whole is early Bruce Springsteen…but better. I’m not a big fan of the Boss, never really have been, but when I do come across a song I like, it’s from his earlier years.

Handwritten, their latest album, isn’t on Spotify yet, so I might actually head over to Amazon and pick that bad boy up. That’s how much I’m digging on these guys lately.

No comments: