Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What You Should Have Eaten #58


Ricotta Pasta 
with Grape Tomatoes, Peas, and Basil

This is the first of a series of ricotta pasta variations that Ray has in her book, 365: No Repeats.


My drink with this meal (and I guess I should be honest with myself, the drinks are with the cooking, not the meal itself. I’m usually halfway into a beer by the time dinner hits the table) was a Port Flip.  It’s port, cognac, sugar syrup, egg yolk, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. I usually tend to stay away from the flips because I’m not all that crazy about raw eggs, but I was feeling adventurous…and it wasn’t bad. Sweet and frothy.



The dinner itself was extremely simple to make. Simple and cheap, which is how I like my meals.


The only alterations I made to this meal were substituting grated parmesan cheese for the Parmigiano-Reggiano, taking out the onion, and using dried parsley and basil instead of their fresh counterparts.




The simplicity of this meal is such that there’s really nothing else to write about. The kids even enjoyed it…after they picked out the peas and tomatoes, of course. This is definitely a meal I can see myself making during the week so I don’t have to rely on frozen dinners, pizza, or fast food.



No comments: