Monday, May 7, 2012

What You Should Have Eaten #54


 Veal Scallopine with Dijon Sauce, Asparagus, and Avocados

So, let’s start off this newly budget conscious feature with a veal recipe. Veal’s cheap, right? What’s that, it’s not? Damn.



So, yeah, I didn’t use veal. I talked with one of the meat guys at Kroger and he suggested breakfast pork loin cuts. I also went cheap on the dry white wine. I picked up a bottle of Flip Flop Left Coast Riesling for $4.99. It was very average. Not crappy, not spectacular, just run-of-the-mill.




There’s not much to be said for the recipe itself. It’s extremely simple. I did, however, have a small problem with the pork chops staying seasoned and floured, so they pretty much just ended up plain, but the sauce fixed that.



I don’t know how this would have tasted with veal, but it was damn good with the pork. Hell, the kids even ate it. I didn’t give them any of the sauce, because I knew they’d turn their noses up at it, but they pretty much ate everything else.




No comments: