Monday, February 13, 2012

Video of the Day

I have problems with this video. Not the song, just the video.

First off, this is the song that got me into Childish Gambino. Before I saw this performance on Conan, Donald Glover was just Troy on Community. Awesome, yes, and funny as hell, but I had no idea he was rapper. When I first heard about it, I thought it would be comedy, but nope. I immediately bought Camp then combed through the Interwebs for his previous works.

With that out of the way, I want to mention a couple of problems. I dislike the edited nature of the video. It's okay when there's only a smidge of cussing, but when there's more than a smidge it just sound weird. That was the biggest problem since it happened so often.

Leaving off the tag at the end of the song was a crime. It served as a wonderful punctuation to the incredibly dysfunctional relationship the two main characters of the song had.

Great song, disappointing video.

No comments: