Friday, February 3, 2012

Video of the Day: Rise Against "Savior"

1,000 miles away
There's nothing left to say
But so much left that I don't know
We never had a choice
This world makes too much noise
It takes me under
It takes me under once again
I don't hate you
I don't hate you

I'm not that big a fan of punk rock, either the hardcore stuff of the late '70s and early '80s or the watered down stuff of today that claims to be punk (I did, however, have a brief love affair with punk pop, but we don't need to bring that up). I get why some people like it, but I usually like some musicality with my angst and rebelliousness.

That said, I've found a handful of Rise Against songs that I enjoy, and this is one of them. I actually like this one a LOT.

And just to be clear, I'm not intentionally only posting songs I blasted during the early months of my separation and divorce, but that seems to be all I'm doing. Coincidence? Does it matter as long as the song is awesome?

No comments: