Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What You Should Have Heard #87


My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

So I finally got a Smart Phone a couple of months ago. I've now got a Spotify account with more than 10,000 songs in various playlists, so I guess I'm done with CDs. I'm going to see this through to the end, though. Well, through Yellowcard, at least. I got a bunch of miscellaneous CDs that contain a bunch of bands with a song or two by each.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you want to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]
                                                               

U2 Mix CD

  1. Even Better Than the Real Thing – Achtung Baby
  2. Beautiful Day – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
  3. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me – Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me [single]
  4. Vertigo – How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
  5. Desire – Rattle and Hum
  6. Angel of Harlem – Rattle and Hum
  7. When Love Comes to Town – Rattle and Hum
  8. Where the Streets Have No Name – The Joshua Tree
  9. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – The Joshua Tree
  10. With or Without You – The Joshua Tree
  11. Pride (In the Name of Love) – The Unforgettable Fire
  12. Sunday Bloody Sunday – War
  13. Seconds – War
  14. The Refugee – War
  15. Numb - Zooropa

A few notes on U2:

  • I used to like U2 a LOT more than I do now. I don’t know what changed. I used to be able to listen to War and Rattle and Hum constantly, and now I just don’t care whenever they do something. Some of their stuff still sticks with me (“Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” was by far the best thing to come out of Batman Forever.), but it just seems to me like they’ve been recycling the same stuff since the mid-to-late ‘90s.
  • Wow…I have nothing else to say about these guys.


U2’s YouTube page


Also, in case you've forgotten: When I can remember to add this to the bottom of my posts, I’m going to whore myself out with an impassioned plea: click on the ads. PLEASE click on the ads. I don’t care if you exit out of it immediately or actually look around. This isn’t some professional blog where I believe in the products I’m shilling. These are automatic ads placed by Google. But when you click ads, I get a little bit of money, and as a single father of three, every penny from every source helps...especially with Christmas bills looming on the horizon. So I’m going to keep this tiny bit of begging at the bottom of my posts, and I hope you’ll take an extra 10 seconds after reading my blog to click on an ad. The only thing it costs you is time. :) Thanks so much!

No comments: