Thursday, January 19, 2012

Video of the Day

I'm going to do my best to post a music video every day. This'll be a song that I'm really relating to that day or something I heard on the radio on my way into work that I really liked. Be warned, with my spotty memory I'll probably end up repeating songs every now and then.

Today's video is a live version of Maroon 5's "Through with You." Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my wife walking out on me and the kids, and yesterday she made me take a hard listen to this. Very appropriate. This was always my favorite song on Songs with Jane, but I don't think I had listened to it all since she left.

Now, I don't want this to come across as mean-spirited toward her. This is all just matter-of-fact. Despite having three kids together, she's hurt me too much for me to ever love her again, but I'm done with any anger or resentment. I want to be happy. I want her to be happy. I want to be friends with her, and I think given enough time we can be good friends. But in THAT sense, yeah, I'm through with her, just as she is with me.

And typing that out, my friends, was somewhat cathartic. Granted, I don't expect more than a handful of people to actually read this, and I expect maybe only one or two to be people I actually know, but still, it's a bit of a weight off.

No comments: