Monday, December 5, 2011

What You Should Have Eaten #46

Pan-Roasted Garlic and Herb Chicken Breasts
with Chopped Salad and Creamy Caper Dressing

A Triple Sun is not really all that great of a drink. The banana liqueur and the multiple vermouths make it too sweet. It looks pretty, though.




I don't normally enjoy hot foods, but I thought I'd go ahead and a dash or two of hot sauce. I knew I had a bottle in the cabinet that I bought quite some time ago on sale and never opened. Turns out that hot sauce does have an expiration date and it can go bad. I took the wrapper off and what I saw in the neck of the bottle was brown and nasty. The bottle ended up in the trash pretty quickly.




For the dressing I used sour cream instead of mayo or yogurt.



I've never bought capers before but I'm vaguely familiar with them. Dad would use them in various recipes when I was a kid, but I never ate them. I remember them being tinier than the ones in the jar I bought. I'm sure the larger size made them easier to chop.




No radicchio this time, either. Too expensive, and it still looked like crap. I went ahead and bought a bagged salad, something that I knew the kids would eat with some ranch dressing. And I went with a regular cucumber instead of a seedless one.


This turned out to be quite a tasty dish, and the kids even enjoyed it. If I make it again, I'll probably save the dressing and drizzle it onto the salad instead of just tossing it in. I ended up wasting a lot of uneaten salad because it really doesn't keep all that well.


Also, in case you've forgotten: When I can remember to add this to the bottom of my posts, I’m going to whore myself out with an impassioned plea: click on the ads. PLEASE click on the ads. I don’t care if you exit out of it immediately or actually look around. This isn’t some professional blog where I believe in the products I’m shilling. These are automatic ads placed by Google. But when you click ads, I get a little bit of money, and as a single father of three, every penny from every source helps...especially with Christmas looming on the horizon. So I’m going to keep this tiny bit of begging at the bottom of my posts, and I hope you’ll take an extra 10 seconds after reading my blog to click on an ad. The only thing it costs you is time. :) Thanks so much!

No comments: