Monday, October 31, 2011

We Interrupt This Program...


Don't be TOO disappointed, but I'm taking the week off. There's a bunch of work stuff I need to catch up on, so I'm going to focus on that instead of the blog for a week. Next week, though, I'll be back with more food, more music, more awesome comics, more videos you probably already saw first somewhere else, and something new for Thursdays.

I'm going to take advantage of my Netflix account and rewatch some shows that ended before they should have, good shows that only got a season or less. I've already started watching Daybreak (one more episode to go, actually), and I also plan on revisiting Firefly, Journeyman, Eyes, John Doe, Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared, Chicago Code, and Wonderfalls. I've even received some recommendations for shows I never watched but heard were good: My So Called Life, Keen Eddie, New Amsterdam, Playmakers, The Good Guys and Men in Trees.

If you can recall any other TV series that you remember as being really good and unjustly cancelled, please reply to this post and let me know about it. If it's available on Netflix, I'll check it out...or see if I can find it elsewhere on the web (I think Hulu has some old shows available). If I enjoy this enough, I might move up the ladder and do some two-season shows (Jericho and Dead Like Me immediately spring to mind).

So if you're new to the blog, this might be a good time to check past posts and check out some movie or music reviews you may have missed out on, or you might find a pretty funny video that slipped under your radar.

Also, in case you've forgotten: When I can remember to add this to the bottom of my posts, I’m going to whore myself out with an impassioned plea: click on the ads. PLEASE click on the ads. I don’t care if you exit out of it immediately or actually look around. This isn’t some professional blog where I believe in the products I’m shilling. These are automatic ads placed by Google. But when you click ads, I get a little bit of money, and as a single father of three, every penny from every source helps...especially with Christmas looming on the horizon. So I’m going to keep this tiny bit of begging at the bottom of my posts, and I hope you’ll take an extra 10 seconds after reading my blog to click on an ad. The only thing it costs you is time. :) Thanks so much!
 
 

No comments: