Thursday, September 8, 2011

What You Should Have Read #40

Last Week’s Comic Book Awesomeness

It was a light week last week. That can probably be attributed to DC only releasing two titles and it being the fifth week of the month.


Justice League #1 – With this being such a HUGE milestone, I feel like I should say something about the first issue of Justice League. But really, next to the pretty art, the story was pretty underwhelming…as is this little blurb.


Secret Avengers #16 – Warren Ellis should be the only person to put words in the Beast’s mouth. Of course, I think that Warren Ellis should be the only person to put words in a LOT of comic characters’ mouths. I’m very much looking forward to Ellis’ run on this title. I’ve heard that his run will consist of single-issue stories, and I like that. Not every issue of every title has to make up a larger story arc.


Uncanny X-Force #14 – I know it’s the writers that put the words in the characters’ mouths, but man, Deadpool can really turn a phrase. “Diarrhea made of sadness and anger” sounds like one of the most awful thing in the history of awful things.


No comments: