Thursday, September 15, 2011

Insanity Day #2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit


So I skipped a day. It’s probably going to happen quite a bit. Last night I had to take all the kids with me to an appointment that ran late, and by the time they were all in bed it was 8:45 and I was exhausted. So no workout.

Today, though, I was looking forward to it…until I finished the warm up and was already sweating buckets. I think the thing that’s going to keep me from getting bored with this is the fact that I’m not doing the exact same thing every day. The last time I was doing a regular workout (seven years ago?) I was doing Tae Bo, and it was the same damn thing every morning. I got so sick of Billy Blank (is that his name? Ah, I don’t really care) and his minions that I just gave up. This switches it up every night, though, so that shouldn’t happen.

Now, I made it through the plyometric cardio circuit, but I won’t lie and say I didn’t take a LOT of extra rests. It was brutal. It was encouraging, though, to see the minions here taking breaks too. I didn’t feel as bad.

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to do Day 3 tomorrow, but I’ve got a bit of a busy night planned. Nothing fun, just grocery shopping since my Saturday is fully booked. But if I don’t get to it tomorrow night, it’ll be Monday before I get back into it. See? Lots of skipped days. But doing SOMETHING has got to be better than doing nothing, right?

Breakfast: Wasn’t hungry and couldn’t even force myself to eat something.
Morning Snack: Special K chocolate/peanut butter protein meal bar
Lunch: We had a lunch lecture at work, so food from Jason’s Deli was provided. I had half of a club sandwich, a tiny bag of plain Lays potato chips, half a brownie.
Afternoon Snack: None. Lunch was big enough.
Dinner: Leftover grilled chicken in a pita pocket with some shredded mozzarella sprinkled over it. A bit of cottage cheese after the workout.
Drinks: One cup of coffee in the morning, Coke at lunch, water the rest of the day.

Probably for the rest of the month I’m going to whore myself out with an impassioned plea: click on the ads. PLEASE click on the ads. I don’t care if you exit it out of it immediately or actually look around. This isn’t some professional blog where I believe in the products I’m shilling. These are automatic ads placed by Google. But my experiment this weekend proved to me that I actually AM making a spot of cash whenever the ads are clicked. So I’m going to put this little disclaimer on the bottom of all my posts for the next month or so, and I hope you’ll take an extra 10 seconds after reading my blog to click on an ad. Thanks so much!

No comments: