Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What You Should Have Heard #67


My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]


Rage Against the Machine Mix CD

  1. People of the Sun – Evil Empire
  2. Bulls on Parade – Evil Empire
  3. Down Rodeo – Evil Empire
  4. Bombtrack – Rage Against the Machine
  5. Killing in the Name – Rage Against the Machine
  6. Take the Power Back – Rage Against the Machine
  7. Bullet in the Head – Rage Against the Machine
  8. Know Your Enemy – Rage Against the Machine
  9. Wake Up – Rage Against the Machine
  10. Township Rebellion – Rage Against the Machine
  11. Freedom – Rage Against the Machine
  12. Microphone Fiend – Renegades
  13. Pistolgrip Pump – Renegades
  14. Renegades of Funk – Renegades
  15. How I Could Just Kill a Man – Renegades
  16. Guerilla Radio – The Battle of Los Angeles
  17. Sleep Now in the Fire – The Battle of Los Angeles

A few notes on Rage Against the Machine:

  • I don’t really have a lot to say about RAtM. I listened to the self-titled CD a lot in high school, but really, a little goes a long way. As much as I like that CD, I can’t listen to a lot of it in one sitting now because I just don’t like being preached at via music.
  • I don’t know if anyone else has this problem, but I can never remember which RAtM song plays at the end of the first Matrix movie. I hear one of the songs from the self-titled album, and I think, “That’s it!” but it’s not. I guess I just need to watch that movie some more.


No comments: