Thursday, June 23, 2011

What You Should Have Read #30

Last Week's Comic Book Badassery

After a long hiatus, I picked up Uncanny X-Men (and the rest of the X-line) again with the Utopia storyline. Dr. Nemesis was already a member of the team, and I knew nothing about him. Truth be told, I still don't know much about him. I like it just about everytime he's allowed to talk, though.


Supernatural is probably my favorite regular season show. It's a worthy successor to Buffy and Angel, as it's well written, well acted, and contains just the right amount of humor. Hell, I even went to a Supernatural convention a couple of weeks ago (it wasn't ANYTHING like the episode where Sam and Dean went to a Supernatural convention). So when Peter David puts a Supernatural reference in a comic, you're damn right I'm going to take notice


Cyclops has never been one of my favorite X-Men. I like his power set, his origin, his look, and his leadership ability. But overall, I just don't like him as a character. I loved this panel though, how he tells Rockslide, the strongest of the X-kids in that room if not the most powerful, that he'll be the first one Cyclops will take down, and Rockslide knows it's true. That panel right there now has me looking forward to Schism (well, besides looking forward to some regular Carlos Pacheco art).


And from the same issue we get another bit of massively egotistical Magneto. Not much different from the page I pulled from the last issue, but I still think it's awesome.


No comments: