Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What You Should Have Read #31

Screw Badassery, Let’s Just Have Some Awesome

It had to happen sooner or later, but I was hoping it would be later. I liked Bucky as Cap, and I liked Steve as Commander Rogers. But if the movie is coming out soon, anybody who might wander into a comic store to pick up a Captain America comic needs to see Steve Rogers in the red, white and blue suit. I loved Bucky’s story since his reawakening, and I loved that Cap didn’t immediately come back once he was “reborn.” I just wish this could have lasted a little longer.


I remember when Carnage was first introduced. I remember thinking, “A new symbiote? Awesome!” I was probably around 13 or 14 at the time. I liked him until the Maximum Carnage storyline, which I thought was heavily diluted with guest heroes. I don’t think I read any other issues with Cletus until the done-in-one story where he was crazy and had poured a bucket of red paint all over himself and was “terrorizing” a city street. I have no idea what happened between that issue (drawn by Lee Weeks, I remember) and this series, but I love having him back and drawn by Clayton Crain. This was a great series, and I’m hoping Carnage USA doesn’t go the same way that Maximum Carnage did.


I was less than impressed with the swiftness in which Mister Dark was dispatched, but I was suitably impressed by the North Wind’s power and his reason for defeating Mister Dark at his own expense.


Thank you, Volstagg, for brightening my day. I needed that.


No comments: