Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What You Should Have Heard #46

My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]

I’m going to be in a pretty serious crunch at work through the holidays (and after, apparently), so my posts may be more infrequent and contain less content. Of course, seeing as nobody comments on this stuff, I’m probably just doing nothing but blog flogging (also, if that’s not a term yet, I call dibs!).

Korn Mix CD

  1. Freak on a Leash – Follow the Leader
  2. Got the Life – Follow the Leader
  3. Children of the Korn – Follow the Leader
  4. All in the Family – Follow the Leader
  5. Cameltosis – Follow the Leader
  6. Word Up – Greatest Hits Vol. 1
  7. Falling Away from Me – Issues
  8. Make Me Bad – Issues
  9. Wake Up – Issues
  10. Somebody Someone – Issues
  11. Got Money – Got Money (Website Download) [Jonathan Davis]
  12. No Place to Hide – Life is Peachy
  13. Wicked – Life is Peachy
  14. A.D.I.D.A.S. – Life is Peachy
  15. Twisted Transistor – See You on the Other Side
  16. Coming Undone – See You on the Other Side
  17. Right Now – Take a Look in the Mirror
  18. Did My Time – Take a Look in the Mirror
  19. Y’all Want a Single – Take a Look in the Mirror
  20. Kick the P.A. – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack [Spawn]

A few notes on Korn:
  • The first cut ended up being just 15 minutes shy of a double disc, so some serious trimming had to be done.
  • I was turned onto Korn with “A.D.I.D.A.S.” I thought that was so clever. I was in high school.
  • Jonathan Davis and Korn are responsible for the rise of Fred Durst. That right there is a mark against them in my book.
  • I don’t like auto-tuned songs, but I enjoy “Got Money,” if only for the (hopefully) sarcastic nature of the song.



No comments: