Monday, February 28, 2011

What You Should Have Eaten #20

Make-Up Pecks

(Yeah, I went British with my title so I could get it to sound like make-up sex. I'm that guy.)


I realize I’ve been lax in my food-related postings. Work has been pretty hectic since about Thanksgiving, and my blog suffered. While work is still busy, it’s slightly LESS busy, and I’m hoping to get the blog a bit more regular, starting with the food posts. So here's a run-down of what I've been cooking lately. Click on the titles to go to the recipes.









Larfleeze's Orange Lantern Cookies

 



Pork Chops with Grainy Mustard and Raisin Sauce (Let me know if you're interested in this one. I couldn't find the recipe online, so I'll get a picture from the book if you want it.)










Swedish Meat Dumpling Stoup (with grilled ham and gouda sandwiches)


And just for kicks and giggles, here's some of what I was drinking when making these. Thrown in here is a shot of my liquor cabinet. It's well-stocked, and there's some vodka in the freezer, some advocaat in the fridge, and some aromatic bitters and grenadine on the top shelf.

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: