My Mix CDs
I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.
Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.
I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.
My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.
Here’s the list guide:
Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]
I’m going to be in a pretty serious crunch at work through the holidays (and after, apparently), so my posts may be more infrequent and contain less content. Of course, seeing as nobody comments on this stuff, I’m probably just doing nothing but blog flogging (also, if that’s not a term yet, I call dibs!).
Jimmy Eat World Mix CD
- Bleed American – Bleed American
- A Praise Chorus – Bleed American
- The Middle – Bleed American
- Sweetness – Bleed American
- The Authority Song – Bleed American
- Big Casino – Chase This Light
- Let It Happen – Chase This Light
- Like She’ll Always Be – Chase This Light
- Carry You – Chase This Light
- Electable (Give It Up) – Chase This Light
- Feeling Lucky – Chase This Light
- Here It Goes – Chase This Light
- Firefight – Chase This Light
- Open Bar Reception – Chase This Light
- Crush – Clarity
- Futures – Futures
- Work – Futures
- Pain – Futures
- You - Futures
A few notes on JEW:
- I didn’t even THINK of JEW until I started listening to the CDs to make this mix. For me, it’s a very unassuming but very solid group. If I’ve moved on to something else, though, I quickly forget how much I actually like these guys. Heck, I’ve got most of Chase This Light on here.
- I see they’ve got a new CD out. Looks like I need to check it out.