Thursday, October 14, 2010

What You Should Have Watched #8

A New Season of Awesomosity

We’re a couple of weeks into the new television season, and I think it’s time to bring back a post from either last year or the year before and update it a bit.

A quick check in the blog archives, and I learn that the post I’m referring to was actually from this year, and it was the first installment in my “What You Should Have Watched” series: Bad TV Made Better, Good TV Made Awesome, Awesome TV Made…Awesomer?” I guess this is Part Two, then.

I’ll quickly reiterate my thoughts from this previous post: Erica Durance (Smallville) is hot. Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) is hot. I’ve given up on Criminal Minds, but Paget Brewster and A.J. Cook are still hot. Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory) is hot (although she's got a weird smile). And Anna Torv (Fringe) is hot.

Now, who should I add to that list?

Alyson Hannigan hasn’t looked this good since…well…this is probably the best she’s looked, and I’ve always had a crush on her. I balked at watching How I Met Your Mother when it first aired because it looked extremely lame. But it was NPH, he turned me around (wow, that sounds a LOT dirtier than I meant it to). Turns out it’s a good show, as long as you can get past the main character and just enjoy the supporting ones, one of which is Ms. Hannigan. She looks gorgeous this season so far. Maybe it’s the hair, which is darker and longer than in the past.

Following HIMYM on Monday night’s is Rules of Engagement, a truly horrible show that I watch solely for the comedic stylings of Patrick Warburton. But he can’t be on screen all the time, and when he’s not we’re sometimes treated to Bianca Kajlich, previously of….nothing important. Y’know, I take that back. I thoroughly enjoyed her and her character on Boston Public. She’s not the best actress, and her character in RoE is pretty cardboard, but she’s pretty so I don’t fast-forward through her scenes (which I’m starting to do anytime we get a David Spade scene that doesn’t have Puddy in it).

Rounding out Mondy night is Castle, starring the always sexy and classy Nathan Fillion. Crap, I meant to type Stana Katic. According to her IMDB profile, I’ve apparently seen her in a number of things, but it took standing next to Capt. Reynolds every week for me to take notice, I guess.

Tuesday night showcases another Joss Whedon alum, Julie Benz. No Ordinary Family is about a family with super powers starring Ms. Benz and Michael Chiklis (The Shield). Watching it was a no-brainer for me. She’s not really sexy in the show, but I know it’s there. We ALL know it’s there, right? What, you need proof and never watched Desperate Housewives? Yeah, me neither, despite the aforementioned Capt. Reynolds and Darla appearances. So, enjoy this clip. You’re welcome.


We’re skipping Wednesday and moving onto some Must See TV women, starting with Alison Brie on Community. On the show she’s funny and cute. In real life, though, she seems funny and sexy. And it’s amazing that I haven’t started watching Mad Men, yet. Alison Brie, Christina Hendricks, John Hamm (who was awesome on 30 Rock) and Vincent Kartheiser (another Whedon actor. I tend to follow them around everywhere).

I’ve got a nerd crush on Tina Fey, but I don’t know if I’d ever call her sexy. Pretty and cute, sure, but I don’t know if I can get behind sexy. However, Jane Krakowski’s Jenna Maroney has looked incredible so far on this season 30 Rock. It’s difficult to pay attention to a person’s appearance on this show, though, because so much is going on that you have to focus on so many things. It’s really a chore to focus on something so superficial when there’s excellent acting and comedy happening.

I'm looking forward to a few mid-season replacements, including Mr. Sunshine with Andrea Anders (Better Off Ted and Joey) and Perfect Couples with Olivia Munn (whose acting ability is in question having only seen her briefly in Chuck and Iron Man 2). 

No comments: