Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What You Should Have Eaten #11


Chicken Cacciatore Stoup

No cocktail tonight because I’m cooking with wine. It’s a cheap bottle ($3.99) of Carmenere, a type of wine I’ve never heard of before. It’s GatoNegro, which I don’t think I’ve ever had before, but at $3.99, I’m really not expecting anything great…or good, even. It’s from Chile, and the recipe calls for an Italian red wine, so I hope the recipe doesn’t implode or anything because of this gross substitution.


Well, for four bucks, it’s not bad. Not great, mind you, but definitely something I’d think about getting again. I can’t describe wine the same way I can beer, so I apologize for not being able to describe it. It’s a relatively smooth red wine. If you need more of a description, then you probably wouldn’t stoop to buying a $4 bottle of wine anyways.


The only grill seasoning I had was some lemon pepper with herbs. Smells nice, and I think it’ll work well with the dish.


I apologize for the lack of photos; my battery ran out. I’ve got it charging, and I hope I can get a picture of the completed meal. I always like that picture the best.

I’m sad about not having any garlic in this meal. My refrigerator went out a couple of weeks ago, and I just had it repaired. In the meantime, I had enough cooler space for only the essentials, and my giant container of minced garlic didn’t make it. And I forgot to get more this weekend at the store. :sadface:

Eh, this ended up being a mediocre meal. It was good and quite edible, but it was far from the “OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME!” meals that I’ve made before (yeah, I’m THAT modest). It makes a bunch, though, so I’ll probably be eating this all week for lunch, and I’m okay with that.

No comments: