Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What You Should Have Heard #25


My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name [Artist if album is by a different artist]


Bloodhound Gang Mix CD

  1. Strictly for the Tardcore – Hefty Fine
  2. Balls Out – Hefty Fine
  3. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo – Hefty Fine
  4. Farting with a Walkman On – Hefty Fine
  5. Pennsylvania – Hefty Fine
  6. No Hard Feelings – Hefty Fine
  7. Mope – Hooray for Boobies
  8. The Bad Touch – Hooray for Boobies
  9. Lift Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out) – One Fierce Beer Coaster
  10. Fire Water Burn – One Fierce Beer Coaster
  11. It’s Tricky – One Fierce Beer Coaster
  12. Shut Up – One Fierce Beer Coaster
  13. Boom – One Fierce Beer Coaster
  14. We Are the Knuckleheads – Use Your Fingers
  15. Legend in My Spare Time – Use Your Fingers
  16. You’re Pretty When I’m Drunk – Use Your Fingers
  17. One Way – Use Your Fingers

This group barely made it over my 60 minute requirement for a group getting its own mix CD, but I’m glad it did. Bloodhound Gang seems to be made up of perpetual 14-year-old boys, but sometimes that’s how I like my humor. Their best stuff (in my humble opinion) consists solely of dick and fart jokes. Think of it as “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” set to music or Jason Mewes’ character Jay from most of Kevin Smith’s movies with a record contract.

“Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo” from Hefty Fine is nothing but different juvenile euphemisms for having sex (I like “Vulcanize the whoppie stick in the meat locker”). The eight seconds of “Strictly for the Tardcore” from the same CD is a clever little parody of an Eminem diss directed at Will Smith. Other gems include “Life Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out)” and “You’re Pretty When I’m Drunk.” And these aren’t ironic titles like some punk pop bands use. You get what you see with these guys.


Here’s The Bad Touch, probably the most well-known song by Bloodhound Gang.

No comments: