Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What You Should Have Heard #12



I interrupt your regularly scheduled Mix CD WYSHH in order to bring you this special announcement. Self/Matt Mahaffey has released a new single/track available for download. As a huge fan of the man, I'm thrilled to be able to actually purchase some new music by him.

If you're an iTunes person, go there and get it. I'm not, so I got mine from Amazon.

I'm going to try not to burn myself out on it, so I'm only on the second listen right now. It's a very passable mid-tempo pop love song. It's hard to make a concrete judgment on how much I like or dislike it right now. Ask me again in a couple of weeks. I'm going to give it time to sink in a bit. But it's definitely a Self song, and right now I think I'm going to like it more than a couple of the thematically similar songs that might or might not have been found on the phantom Ornament & Crime album.

So if you're looking for some new music, spend the $.99 this track is going to cost you and download it. Then go check out Matt's Facebook and MySpace pages, and then you can hop on over to the official fan site Self Centered. There's not much news on the site, but there's a decent forum and hundreds of free and legally downloadable songs.

And tell 'em Rob sent you. They'll look at you funny 'cause they won't know who I am.

No comments: