Monday, May 17, 2010

What You Should Have Heard #11


My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. I’m going slightly old-school since I’m a bit backwards and have no iPod.

Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name

 

AC/DC Mix CD

  1. Thunderstruck – The Razor’s Edge
  2. Fire Your Guns – The Razor’s Edge
  3. Moneytalks – The Razor’s Edge
  4. Rock Your Heart Out – The Razor’s Edge
  5. Got You By the Balls – The Razor’s Edge
  6. Baby Please Don’t Go – ’74 Jailbreak
  7. Hell’s Bells – Back in Black
  8. Shoot to Thrill – Back in Black
  9. What Do You Do for Money Honey – Back in Black
  10. Back in Black – Back in Black
  11. You Shook Me All Night Long – Back in Black
  12. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap – Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
  13. Big Balls – Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
  14. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) – For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
  15. It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock and Roll) – High Voltage
  16. T.N.T. – High Voltage
  17. Highway to Hell – Highway to Hell

I’m not a huge AC/DC fan, but out of their pretty big catalog, you can put together a pretty kick-ass mix CD. The first track on here is first for a reason. Thunderstruck get your blood pumping. It gets you psyched up. It lets you know you’re alive. This would definitely be my favorite song by the group. The rest (on this mix CD, at least) are good to listen to and can keep that blood pumping, but you hear Thunderstruck first thing in the morning and you’re ready to face the day.


No comments: