Thursday, February 11, 2010

What You Should Have Seen #4

 

I am ready for this fad to be over. I have absolutely nothing against the genre, but I think this dead horse has been sufficiently beaten.

Now, that having been said, I liked the movie. It doesn’t pretend to be something other than a buddy comedy with a bit of romance and zombies thrown into the mix. There is one scene where the movie attempts to make Woody Harrelson’s character sympathetic and a bit less psychotic, but I thought this was unnecessary and kind of brought the movie to a halt.

The best part of the movie was the unexpected cameo. Now, I don’t know if it was supposed to be unexpected, but I didn’t see it mentioned in any of the trailers beforehand. I also do my best not to read detailed reviews (Spoilers? No thanks.), so I had no way of knowing this was coming. But there he was! Probably my second favorite cameo after Matt Damon in Eurotrip.

So, if you’re looking for something light and entertaining to kill (Hah!) about two hours, you could do worse than this movie.



Zombieland - Trailer
Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Classic TV and last night's shows, online.

No comments: