Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Community

Well, it looks like this blog has now become pretty much just a place for me to post videos...and I'm okay with that.

With Scrubs ending next week (I actually think it could go at least another year with the new doctors), Better Off Ted probably not returning (I never have high hopes for shows I like), and Glee airing on Fox (not the best track record with intelligent comedies), I feel the need to plug future shows which look extremely promising and showcase actors I like.

Let's take a look at Community:

It's been said that community college is a "halfway school" for losers, a self esteem workshop for newly divorced housewives, and a place where old people go to keep their minds active as they circle the drain of eternity. Well, at Greendale Community College...that's all true. Community focuses on a band of misfits, at the center of which is a fast-talkin' lawyer whose degree has been revoked (Joel McHale, The Soup). They form a study group and, in "Breakfast Club" fashion, end up learning a lot more about themselves than they do about their course work.

From Emmy Award-winning directors Joe and Anthony Russo (Arrested Development) comes a smart comedy about higher education...and lower expectations. NBC

Directors of Arrested Development? Awesome. I watch The Soup every week and love it. Other actors include John Oliver, one of the funniest guys on The Daily Show, and Chevy Chase, who might actually be funny again.

Take a look at the promo and keep an eye out for this show.


No comments: