Friday, December 12, 2008

Michelob Pale Ale (Beer Review)

From the label:
"An English style pale ale dry hopped with Cascade hops from the Yakima Valley."
Yeah, I don’t know what that means.

So far this is the most flavorful of Michelob’s craft beers that I’ve tasted, but that flavor is all hops. The taste lingers for a bit, longer than the others, but that’s not saying much. This really tastes like a hoppy American lager.

I think it’s a kind of funny that the beer I expected to like the least is, so far (I’ve still got the Porter and Amber Bock to go through), the one that tastes most like a high-quality beer rather than something watered down.

I’ve heard lots of good things about the Porter, and Amber Bock has always held a soft spot in my heart, so I hope I’m not disappointed in these last two.

2 comments:

Kate said...

"Cascade hops from the Yakima Valley"=my neck of the woods.

I shudder to think what this would tase like. Get yourself out to the Pacific NW and taste some truly hoppy beers.

Rob Rosenblatt said...

You don't know how much I want to do that.