Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TV Reviews for the Viewing Week of Oct. 19, 2008 Pt. 2

Next to Arrested Development, this has got to be the most incestuous show I’ve ever seen.

"I’d kiss you if I hadn’t just thrown up in my mouth."

I hope I’m never in this situation. I hope my wife never meets my girlfriend. HAH!

First My Name is Earl, now Pushing Daisies. Is David Arquette trying for a mediocre comeback? I guess since Dirt was cancelled, somebody in that family has to make money.

"Remind me to have her drug tested."

I wonder what serial killers, at least the creative ones, would be able to accomplish if they focused their energies on something other than killing. I was disappointed in how this ended. It was poetic, sure, but I like it when our heroes actually get the bad guy.

Oh, once Jacks finds out what Dutchboy did to Tara, dude is dead. Oh, wait, nevermind. I’d probably have the same reaction if some asshole called my wife a heap, pathetic whore while I had a gun in my hand. Apparently his brains didn’t transfer when he moved from the Shield to here. And, can I just say, "Ew." Sex while there’s a dead stalker three feet away? That’s a no-no.

So, who do you think killed Nick’s father? I’m putting my money on the former priest. Dutch found out that he was his son, so why couldn’t he have known, too? Dicky priest boy then gets pissed off when he learns Dutch is going to leave. He’s been at odds with Nick for so many years, now he realizes his real dad, who has actually been around all these years but "chose" Nick over him, is leaving him. It’s all about revenge.

Have we seen any of these Kryptonite freaks before? And hey, there’s Martian Manhunter. Sometimes this crap-fest of a show gets something right. Det. John Jones, Green Arrow, and now Clark anonymously helping those in need. It looks like Doomsday is starting to pop up. I’m extremely interested as to where the show is taking this. He obviously isn’t anywhere close to the comic book version, so let’s see where this is going.

"Randolph’s a name I’ve actually heard before, like Randolph Hitler."

This comedy is a weird bird. While it’s seldom laugh-out-loud funny, it’s usually always good. Yet I wouldn’t actually call it a drama, or even a dramedy.

"You’re always safe with me. I’m a very good screamer."

I’m glad Jim ended up turning around. He’s not that guy, and Pam’s not that girl.

The funniest thing about this was Fred Armisen and the big map. And the Andy Samburg Jam the Vote segment was good. It’s always nice to see Tina Fey, but so far this season it’s like she never left the show. She’s been on, what, every episode? And I’ve just realized, Will Ferrell does not do a good George Bush. He’s hilarious, but I think he can be compared to Chevy Chase. It’s like he didn’t even try with Gerald Ford, but it was hilarious none-the-less.

"Oh, sorry. Spleen juice."

Word of warning to any Jensen Ackles fans who have been thinking of checking out past works. Don’t bother with Smallville. The guy’s a great actor if you give him a good script to work with. That was not the case with his season of Smallville. He is EXCELLENT in this show, but a big "thank you" can be given to the writers.

"Y’see? Reeves’ murder is looking more and more like a hate crime."
"What, as opposed to an I-really-really-like-you crime?"

Every cop show has to have their hate-crime episode, whether it deals with race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. The sad thing is, intolerance doesn’t seem to be going anywhere any time soon.

"What are you thinkin’?"
"I’m thinkin’ that when I woke up this morning that I wasn’t thinking I’d have to kill somebody."
"Now you think you have to?"
"Nope, now I think I want to."

I have yet to see a show with Donal Logue in it that I did not like. But as much as I like him, I don’t believe that kiss at the end. She’s WAY out of his league. I’ve thought the woman playing Olivia is gorgeous since the first time I saw her. I know I’ve seen her in something other than Firefly, but I can’t remember what. There was no mention of the conspiracy this episode. I guess an earthquake and escaped convicts trumps all that.

"Yeah you in Hell all right. Y’know what? My name is Sinbad, and this is Sinbad’s house. When you in Sinbad’s house, you my bitch! Yeah, you know who that is? Huh? That’s Rob Thomas, Matchbox 20. Sing a song. Shut up."

Does this bar have any customers? I don’t know where to start with this show. The cheese, the dry heaves, Rob Thomas and Sinbad. This show is the epitome of LOL.

"So I guess we should just bump-hump and get our memories back."

I’m with Nugget on this one. That was too good of an opportunity to pass up. But all in all it was just a so-so episode.

----------------
Listening to: Weezer - Mykel And Carli
via FoxyTunes

No comments: