Thursday, February 9, 2012

Video of the Day

This is not a good video, so I apologize to honeyhoney for linking to something that is sub-par, but this is an excellent song.

I don't like country music. I live and work around Nashville, but I don't like. My dislike borders on hate. Other than some oh-so-brief experimentation with some Garth Brooks music (I was young, I didn't know! Peer pressure!), I just can't get into it.

honeyhoney's latest album Billy Jack is the closest I'll come, I think. Two songs, this one and "Turn That Finger Around," popped up on Spotify as I was driving to work this morning, and I didn't skip ahead to something a little harder, a little more rock and roll. I listened, and I loved it.

I don't really know how to describe the music. I say it's the closest I'll come to listening to country music because I really don't think it's actually country music. Maybe a bit of folk rock? With some blues thrown in? I don't know, but I know that I like it, and I'm pretty sure you might like it, too. Here's an Amazon link, in case you want to go buy some of their stuff.

You know you want to.

Also, Ms. Santo? The next time you're in Nashville, we should totally go drink various alcoholic beverages together. You like the whiskies...whiskeys...whiskys...whatever? The Whiskey Kitchen is calling.

No comments: