Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Morning After


I have absolutely no idea when I wrote this, but after reading it I have totally fallen in love with it. I think this was written in college, because I can’t remember writing any poetry after college.

What light through yonder window
Broke my somber summer slumber?
I spent the night splayed on the floor
Next to an empty tumbler.
A slender, soothing longneck,
Maybe two or maybe six,
A gift from Mr. Adams
Gave my liver twice its fix.
Hiram Walker and Jack Daniels
Chased him down my burning throat,
And the party took an awful turn…
I think I went home with a goat.
But I saw my inner house guests
Leaving quickly with the dawn.
Still, I thanked them for their patronage
And flushed them down the john.

Probably for the rest of the month I’m going to whore myself out with an impassioned plea: click on the ads. PLEASE click on the ads. I don’t care if you exit it out of it immediately or actually look around. This isn’t some professional blog where I believe in the products I’m shilling. These are automatic ads placed by Google. But my experiment this weekend proved to me that I actually AM making a spot of cash whenever the ads are clicked. So I’m going to put this little disclaimer on the bottom of all my posts for the next month or so, and I hope you’ll take an extra 10 seconds after reading my blog to click on an ad. Thanks so much!

No comments: