Thursday, September 23, 2010

What You Should Have Eaten #12


BBQ Sloppy Chicken Pan Pizza


Tonight’s drink is a Yankee Dutch. Since I’m from the North, I don’t feel like a traitor to the South by drinking something with the word Yankee in it.


I never thought of mixing bourbon and vodka before, and I don’t know if I’d try it again without some decent mixers in there. I would think they wouldn’t act well together in the stomach.


It’s STRONG. Good, but strong, I guess that’s to be expected in a drink with no non-alcoholic mixers. The drink tastes mostly of bourbon, but the mixers do a good job of masking any harshness. I’d drink this again.


It’s nice to be working with garlic again after missing it for a couple of weeks. I like the smell.


Guess what I just learned? When you put a skillet in the oven, it’s a good idea to remember that the handle IS VERY HOT and not to grab it with an ungloved hand. OUCH!


As I post this, it's four days later and you can't tell anything happened. You can kind of see the redness on the thumb and index finger in the picture, but it really wasn't a bad burn at all. Hurt like hell, but it didn't even blister.


If you don’t like cornbread or sloppy joes, then you won’t like this meal. Me? I love ‘em both. This is basically cornbread topped with chicken sloppy joe and covered in cheese. It tasted as good as it sounds, and I’m looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch the rest of the week.


And here's what my youngest looked like as he was eating it. Cornbread and sloppy joes? Should be a magical combination for kids. I guess appearance is everything, though, because one kid didn't touch it (turns out he had strep throat and probably COULDN'T eat it), one only ate the cornbread and broccoli (gave it to the kids 'cause I knew they'd eat it), and the youngest ate a bit of everything, but still didn't clean his plate.

No comments: