Thursday, April 8, 2010

What You Should Have Seen #10


Within the first 15 minutes I decided I really didn’t like this movie. The vernacular (nice, right?) that title character Jennifer Check uses, as penned by Diablo Cody, was cute and cool and somewhat fresh in Juno. It made that title character stand out. Here, though, it’s forced and highly annoying. And I got that within 15 minutes.

So why’d I continue to watch? C’mon, I’m a guy and Megan Fox is in it. She’s hot, like a miniature Angelina Jolie without the acting chops. Seriously, girl is no great shakes in the acting department. Amanda Seyfried outshines her in every single scene they’re in together. Seyfried herself is very easy on the eyes, so double bonus.

I was pleasantly surprised to see J.K. Simmons on screen. This guy is very underrated and, aside from playing J. Jonah Jameson in the Spider-Man movies, really doesn’t get the high-ranking roles an actor of his caliber should.

The best thing to come out of this movie is the soundtrack. I’m loving the music, minus the cheesy song played by Adam Brody’s generic band Low Shoulder during the movie. I’ve only heard of a handful of the bands that appear on the soundtrack (Panic at the Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Cute is What We Aim For, and Cobra Starship), but that’s what I like about GOOD soundtracks. Rather than throwing some generic songs that were hit singles for random bands, I’m being introduced to new music by bands I’ve never heard of. I’ve already started looking for more stuff by Florence and the Machine, Little Boots, and All Time Low.

Pretty girls and good music. That’s about all this movie has to offer.

No comments: