Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What You Should Have Heard #8


My Mix CDs

I’ve got a lot of music but limited space to hold it in, especially in my car. So I’ve gone the old tried-and-true way of making mix CDs to have access to as many bands as possible while driving. Most of the songs will be more upbeat, with probably only the occasional ballad or slower song included. I like to sing in the car, and the more upbeat songs are more fun to sing.

So here’s my first mix CD, and I’ll be going in alpha-numeric order with these, so if you’re wanting to argue with me about what Weezer songs should be included, you’re going to be waiting for a while.

My only limitations are that I use 80 min. discs, and I’m only going to use one disc per band/artist. I will make exceptions for only my most favorite bands with huge playlists (Foo Fighters and Self, off the top of my head), but I’d really like to boil everything down to just one disc.

Here’s the list guide:

Track # - Song Name - Album Name

3 Doors Down Mix CD

01 – Train – 3 Doors Down
02 – Right Where I Belong – Seventeen Days
03 – Kryptonite – The Better Life
04 – When I’m Gone – Away from the Sun
05 – Away from the Sun – Away from the Sun
06 – Loser – The Better Life
07 – Let Me Go – Seventeen Days
08 – Duck and Run – The Better Life
09 – The Road I’m On – Away from the Sun
10 – Be Like That – The Better Life
11 – Running Out of Days – Away from the Sun
12 – Here Without You – Away from the Sun
13 – Give It to Me – 3 Doors Down
14 – That Smell – Another 700 Miles
15 – Down Poison – The Better Life
16 – Changes – Away from the Sun
17 – Going Down in Flames – Away from the Sun
18 – Here Without You (acoustic) – Away from the Sun
19 – Away from the Sun (acoustic) – Seventeen Days

This disc is clocking in at just shy of 75 minutes, and that’s without having to do any editing after my initial list was made. There’s usually no big mystery in the track listing. In this case, I kept the track numbering from the original albums (Train, Right Where I Belong, Kryptonite and When I’m Gone were all the first tracks, so they’re at the front of the disc), and when the shuffling was completed, this was the order they landed in. Sometimes I’ll go in alphabetical order. If some songs directly flow into others (I know I’ll run into that with the Beatles), I’ll keep those songs together.

For me, this band and this disc are more at home being played on longer road trips, say a trip up to my parents house rather than the daily ride to work. It already breaks my rule of more upbeat songs, but I still like them.

Any fans of 3 Doors Down out there who would change this up at all?

Here's the video for one of my favorite songs by 3 Doors Down, Away from the Sun.


No comments: