Monday, January 4, 2010

What You Should Have Read #7


Hmm, not many comics to ring in the New Year with.

Origins of Siege #1

Okay, that can’t be it. Maybe I missed some stuff from last week. And really, THAT’S it? I remember when companies would have big “Fifth Week” events when there would be five Wednesdays in a month. But I guess even people in the comic book industry need to take a break during the holidays.


And that one issue, the eight pages of new material that I hadn’t read yet, wasn’t worth the price of admission.

I did find a few more things that I missed last week, though.


New Mutants so far has been the low point of the X-Necrosha crossover. All this to bring back Cypher, whose mutant ability is to understand any language? I was okay with him being killed off, what, almost 20 years ago? I’m okay with Warlock being back, but that’s not really new. He showed up in Nova a while back.




Both of the Ender books this month were top-notch, as usual. I think I may have to finally pick up the Shadow books and read those. I reread the four main Ender books about a year or so ago, but I never did get around to reading the Shadow ones. I never cared to know about Bean or his past. But now I do. Go figure.


Angel: A Hole in the World is just a retelling of the season five episode of the same name. If you’ve seen the episode, this issue does not do it justice. It’s something that has to be watched.

No comments: