Friday, December 11, 2009

Video Dump for the Week

Okay, this is pointless and stupid, but it made me tear up a little bit from laughter. Apparently it's overdubbed with words that are similar to the mouth motions of the actors.



I'm including this trailer for the 2007 British film "Death at a Funeral." It's an extremely fun and funny movie about death and grieving and really knowing who people are. I'm including it NOW because I just learned that Chris Rock is producing a remake of it for American audiences. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be extremely inferior to the original, and I highly recommend that you find this version. You may recognize Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Dollhouse, Arrested Development) and Peter Dinklage (Nip/Tuck, Threshold). Dinklage, by the way, will be reprising his role for the remake.



While I'm at it, let's throw up the trailer for Alan Tudyk's next movie, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil. It...looks...hilarious. It's the best parody of a teens-in-the-woods slasher flick that I've ever seen.



I'm a big proponent of books over their big screen counterparts, even with comic books, but I'm expecting this movie to be a lot better than the comic it's based on...regardless of Nick Cage.



I can't remember if I've already posted it, but it couldn't hurt to post it again. Here's the promo for Family Guy's Empire Strikes Back episode. I loved their first Star Wars episode, and I'm anticipating loving this.



If you haven't seen this ad already, well, don't expect to see much of it in the future. The makers have pulled it after receiving apparently a lot of complaints. I thought it was pretty clever and really got their point across.



Has Steve Buscemi ever had a lead role in a movie? He's been in a LOT of movies, but has he ever been the star? Not a star, but THE star? If not, I do believe his time has finally come. Plus, there's Peter Dinklage (it's all connected, see?) and Sarah Silverman.



Here's the red band trailer for the new Michael Cera movie, Youth in Revolt. It's kind of like Fight Club if Fight Club were a teen romance movie.



And while we're at it, let's throw up Cera's Between Two Ferns episode.


No comments: