Friday, February 6, 2009

Coming soon...

I've made a decision. In the (hopefully) near future, I will be starting two more blogs. One will solely for my comic book, the other for my other writing.

The purpose of this blog was to ultimately get the writing urge stirred up again, and it's worked. I have two partially completed projects that were started...well, let's just say years ago and keep it at that.

First off, I want to get my comic book up and running. I'm in "negotiations" with an artist, and the whole thing is dependent on his availability. My idea (which was stolen from Warren Ellis...check out Freak Angels!) is to have a 6-page weekly or 8-page semi-weekly comic book posted on a blog. It'll be free. The blog's one and only function will be to showcase this comic, complete with preliminary sketches and whatever.

New Blog #2 (or Blog #3) will be to showcase my writing. While I do have one short story that I'm proud of and will probably post first, my main goal is to serialize my novel.

Now, some of you may ask why I wouldn't attempt to get these things published in a conventional manner, and you'd be well within your rights to ask that. It's a very valid question. Doing it on the web ensure that I have complete creative control over my work. Sure, I won't make any money this way, but that's not what this is about. It's about me doing something besides watching TV and reading comics. It's about me validating myself whenever I call myself a writer. It's about me doing something I love because I want to, not because I'm bound by a contract.

So there. Assuming everything works out with the artist, I hope to have the comic book stuff up and running before the writing stuff. I've got a ways to go with the book. But I'll probably post the short story just to get some reactions.

I'll be in touch.

----------------
Listening to: Lily Allen - Everyone's At It
via FoxyTunes

No comments: