Monday, October 27, 2008

TV Reviews for the Viewing Week of Oct. 12, 2008 Pt. 2

Anakin seems too happy. I hated his whining in the movies, but I don’t really remember him being so happy. Cocky, yes. The giant flying space whales in the nebula were pretty awesome. I’m really enjoying this show. The voices are extremely close to the actors in the movies, and with the amount of CGI that was in the prequels, the cartoon looks very similar to the movies. What the stories lack in plot, they make up for with action. I’m going to enjoying seeing new characters, worlds and ships.

Watching Jeffrey Tambour on here makes me realize how much I miss Arrested Development. I think most women with low self esteem should watch this show so they can realize that, whatever is wrong, it could be so much worse. This lady's a mess, but thank God for it because her wreck of a life is so funny.

Nude photos of your hot ex-wife vs. a pool table. Hmm. That’s a tough one. I’ve enjoyed the few episodes that I’ve seen. Sitcoms, totally original or not, are always a welcome distraction from all the cop shows that I watch.

Lots of twists and turns in the convent. I liked the episode. The misdirections seemed natural and not forced for the sake of misleading

FX sure knows how to push the sexual boundaries on their original basic-cable programming. Coldpacking? Oh, that guy is sick. Holy hell Jacks beat the snot out of Dutch Boy. I’ve said it before, but you just don’t fuck with an outlaw motorcycle gang. I like that Clay didn’t kill the new kid. It just would have continued a cycle that he perpetuated.

"We came in here and gave you a golden shower. Well where’s my golden shower?"

If I may be so bold, Michael hugging Holly was just as exciting as Jim kissing Pam. The phone messages at the end between Pam and Jim were very touching. And there were great character moments from just about everybody, although most were small (Creed’s expressions, Michael’s comment about how he’ll treat Ryan the same as Holly, Kevin waving at the baby, etc.). Episodes like this made me fall in love with the show.

"So I checked with the camp, and they said they’re all right with a grown man staying in a dorm with teen girls. You just have to sign a no statutory rape waiver. I told them you were gay, but they said they’re not falling for that again."

Even in White Trash Land, this is a ridiculous premise, but this episode definitely brought the funny. And raise your hand if you’ve ever wanted to see Jenna Elfman mauled by a badger. I’d have to say that this was probably the best episode of the season so far. And I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I think it’s great that the show tries to teach a lesson. It’s not something you see in adult sitcoms.

Aw, look at that, Lois is in love with Clark. I hope those two crazy kids end up making it. And I really like having Oliver back this season, I just don’t like him shoe-horned in as a love interest for Tess. I like him with his Justice League, and for me Ollie always has to be with Black Canary.

The great thing about this show is the humor they inject into it. What's NOT funny about a changeling who is riffing off of old black-and-white horror movies? As much of a Buffy and Angel fan I am, I think I'm enjoying this show more. The writing is better, more natural. The characters are just being characters and not trying to be clever or witty or hip, even though that ends up coming through.

I’m enjoying the show, which I’m told is almost a shot-for-shot reproduction of the original British series. Looks like I’ll have to come across the original series somehow (a wink’s as good as a nod to a blind bat). The thing with the Mars rover is weird. And I don’t like Lisa Bonet. I DO like the crazy naked chick down the hall.

I know this is a no-holds-barred show. I expect to be surprised and blown away by ridiculous and disgusting things. I did not, however, expect the quartet to break into "It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye" by Boys 2 Men. The lackluster kidnapping episode was worth it just for that.

"My dick is gone!"

The guys are turned into girls via radiation. I would assume that the writers of the show sacrifice any sort of scientific legitimacy in favor of funny, over-the-top situations. I’m okay with that.

Decent show, but I’m too swamped. I’m going to continue watching it, but on my own time.

C-tease, that’s what Cruz’s ex-wife is. I like what the show is doing with Cruz trying to figure out who framed him. Most of the episode stands on its own. It’s all about the odd case that only Cruz and his partner can figure out. But every episode we’ll get a little bit about what’s going on in the background. This time we learn that Jack Reese may not be the evil bastard Cruz thought he was.

----------------
Listening to: Chris Cornell - Can't Change Me
via FoxyTunes

No comments: