Sunday, September 14, 2008

House Keeping

  • The picture. That's me and my youngest taking a bit of a nap. He's better at it than I am.
  • The icon. My favorite comic book character is Starman. A friend made me an animated gif that cycled through various holders of the Starman name, but I guess Blogspot doesn't allow that. Oh well.
  • Tentative Blogging Schedule. I say tentative because things happen and I may not be able to post when I say I will. But I'll do my best.
  • My Favorite Sites
  1. Comic Book Resources. Great spot for comic book industry news. I also regulary read the Lying in the Gutters gossip column, the Pipeline column, and The Buy Pile comic review column. It also has the best comic book message board that I've run across. No trolls, good discussions, and friendly people.
  2. Comics Price Guide. I use this not to check comic values, but to differentiate between different series volumes. It's very comprehensive.
  3. Family Photo Page. This is our Shutterfly webpage. Go there to see pictures the family and friends. You might be there!
  4. Grand Comic Book Database. I use this site to look up comic book covers.
  5. My Facebook Page. Pretty self-explanatory.
  6. My Myspace Page. Again, pretty self-explanatory.
  7. The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium. My bar of choice.
  8. The SeLF Fan Community. Official fansite of my favorite band.
  • My Blog List
  1. Christy's Little Space. This is a friend's blog. There's only one post, but visit and give her encouragement.
  2. Comics Should Be Good. A blog focusing on anything and everything dealing with comic books. I particularly enjoy the weekly Comic Book Urban Legend column.
  3. Film Drunk. A hilarious look at what's going on in the film world.
  4. I Can Has Cheezburger. Funny pictures of cats with funny captions.
  5. I Can Has a Hotdog. Like previous except with dogs.
  6. PeterDavid.net. The author's blog. Updated a few times a week.
  7. PostSecret. Secrets written on postcards and sent to this guy.
  8. The Book Smugglers. Book reviews. A must view for avid readers.
  9. Warren Ellis. The author's blog. Updated daily...and it's odd.
  10. What Kate's Reading. Another book review blog, this one done by my best friend. Again, another must view for avid readers.
  11. What Would Tyler Durden Do. Caustic look at celebrity gossip. Hilarious.
  • Beers I've Had. I like beer. This is an almost-comprehensive list of all the kinds I've tried. Feel free to suggest others.
  • Please feel free to suggest comics and books I should read, TV shows and movies to watch, beers to try, and music to listen to. But tell me why...don't just list stuff.
  • I try to include a link in each post title. Songs, pictures, other websites, whatever.

No comments: